||Eastnor Horticultural Society
Did You Know?
- The Society was founded in 1925.
- The first Flower Fantasy was held in September, 1970.
- The Society was responsible for establishing the Beach Park.
- The Society was responsible for the upkeep of the cemetery before 1929.
- The Society established the Memorial Park, and had the Cenotaph placed there permanently.
- In the 1920s the Society planted 30 maple trees along village streets for shade and beauty. Some of these are still standing.
- In 1955 the Society had a breakwall built at the beach.
- In 1957 the Society built a stone house at a cost of $2,500.00.
- The Society printed its first Year Book in 1966.